Friday, November 23, 2012

1 Week Post-Surgery

     The swelling has significantly gone down in my leg and I'm feeling very little pain (except for the occasional throb in the bones right around my knee).  Today, I even felt well enough for a little Black Friday shopping.  
     While I was out, I rediscovered the struggle that is crutching around.  Just the short walk through the parking lot, from the car to the entrance of a store is exhausting.  I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, but after just a few minutes, my entire arms ache and I feel myself getting winded.  Since my immobilizer keeps my leg pretty straight, my right foot often gets in the way by almost hitting the ground.  Even standing still, I am extremely uncomfortable because I cannot but my right leg down.  
     Objects on the floor are another hazard.  Brooklynn tends to leave her toys on the floor, and even though I tried to negotiate around it, this afternoon, I put my crutch on the edge of the top of her Noah's Arc and slide, sharply putting my foot on the floor and putting pressure on my entire leg.  Even though I only had my foot down for a second, the pain was excruciating.  I immediately got off my feet and iced my knee.  However, I hope I did not cause any damage or undo anything the surgery just corrected.  
     Again, particularly in light of my moment of weight bearing, I cannot wait until my appointment with Dr. Diana on Tuesday.  I just want his assurance that everything is moving along well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment